Tuesday 3 July 2012

Life is unfair

Now I like to keep things light and fun on this blog, but as I mature and grow I find there's more pressing issues and concerns I'd like to discuss. Today I heard some devastating news about someone I know. Basically my close cousin's friend, whom I have met before, and two other passengers, all 18, were injured in a car accident driving home from the cottage. Now I'm far from being close to this girl, I can't even recall the time I met her, but this whole situation has me thinking about the frailty of life. How is it that one girl, fresh from graduating high school not more than five days ago is now dead and two others are in critcal conditions? This barely seems fair. How can there be so much devastation and heartache in the world? And the recent loss of my grandfather has also caused me to question the world in which we live and "God's plan". Now I'm well aware of the circle of life, I've seen The Lion King, but it's so hard to keep your faith when you see so much people in pain. How is it that a world that gives us joy, love, and miracles also sheds destruction, hate, and tragedy. But I guess that's life. What are we to do but accept the bad and focus on the good.

*Please keep all three girls and their families and friends in your prayers and thoughts as I know they're just beginning their struggles and need strength.

XOXO
hEVANly

No comments:

Post a Comment